The remit of ERCOM
- ERCOM is an EMS committee consisting of Scientific Directors of
European Research Centres in the Mathematical Sciences, or their chosen
representatives. Only European centres which are institutional members
of the EMS, predominantly research oriented, with an international
scientific board and a large international visiting programme, covering
a broad area of the Mathematical Sciences are eligible for
representation in ERCOM. The eligibility of centres is decided by the
EMS Executive Committee after consultations with ERCOM.
- The purposes of ERCOM are:
- to constitute a forum for communications and exchange of
information between the centres themselves and EMS
- to foster collaboration and coordination between the centres
themselves and EMS
- to foster advanced research training on a European level
- to advise the Executive Committee of the EMS on matters
relating to activities of the centres
- to contribute to the visibility of the EMS
- to cultivate contacts with similar research centres within
and outside of Europe
- The Chair of ERCOM is proposed by the committee and appointed
by the Executive Committee of EMS. A scientific Secretary is appointed
by ERCOM. The terms of office of the Chair is four years, with the
possibility of reappointment for another two year period.
- The Committee meets at least once annually.
- The research centres cover the expenses of ERCOM.
EC responsible member: Marta Sanz-Solé, Email:
||Keith Ball (Address)
Term of office: 2013-2016
Term of office: 2010-2013
The members of this committee are the directors of the
corresponding member institutions. For a complete list and further
information, please follow the link