The Committee is in charge of offering financial support to young researchers and organisers of events from institutions with a shortage of resources for mathematical research, among other funding initiatives.
The EMS Committee for European Solidarity will undertake actions to foster the development of mathematics in economically less-favoured regions within the geographical area of EMS membership and through the following means:
- Awarding travel grants to young qualified mathematicians.
- Promoting and funding training activities, such as advanced courses or workshops at an early-career level.
- Supporting bilateral and multilateral regional conferences.
- Raising new scientific initiatives.
- Offering advice and assistance about the launching of development projects.
- Easing access to research resources, including digital libraries.