You can join the EMS or renew your membership online. You can also join the EMS by application through a member society or the EMS secretariat.
Individual Membership Benefits
The principal reasons for joining the European Mathematical Society may be altruistic:
- to encourage European mathematicians to cooperate;
- to support European mathematicians working under difficult circumstances;
- to support efforts to get backing for mathematics from the European Union.
But there are benefits to individual members as well:
- Free access to Zentralblatt MATH (To obtain login and password please contact Olaf Teschke firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- EMS Newsletter, published 4 times a year for no extra charge;
- access to the online Journal of the European Mathematical Society. Available in the Member Database area: Instructions;
- reduced registration fees for the European Congresses;
- reduced registration fee for some EMS co-sponsored meetings;
- 20 % discount on books published by the European Mathematical Society ordered via email@example.com*;
- discount on subscriptions to journals published by the EMS Publishing House. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org*;
- 90% discount on the subscription to Excerpts from Zentralblatt MATH;
- reciprocity memberships available at the American, Australian, and Canadian Mathematical Societies.
* These discounts extend to members of national societies that are members of the EMS or with whom the EMS has a reciprocity agreement.
The current membership dues are
- 24 € for persons belonging to a corporate EMS member society, i.e., a full or associate member on this list
- 36 € for persons belonging to a society with which EMS has a reciprocity agreement
- 48 € for persons not belonging to any EMS corporate member
- 11 € for an introductory fee until two years from completing thesis
- A particular reduced fee of 5€ can be applied for by mathematicians who reside in a developing country from this list established by the EMS Committee for Developing Countries. This form of membership does not give access to the printed version of the Newsletter of the EMS.
- Membership may be granted for free for one year to a PhD student on application to the EMS secretariat. This form of membership does not give access to the printed version of the Newsletter of the EMS.