Postdoctoral Position in Philosophy of Mathematical-Physics
The European Research Council (ERC) project «Philosophy of Canonical Quantum Gravity» announces one-year post-doctoral positions, with the possibility of an extension. The profile of the searched candidate is that of a candidate with a strong background in pure mathematics and mathematical physics interested in the conceptual and mathematical foundations of theoretical physics.
Profile of the position: The chosen candidate is expected to work on one of the following areas:
- Foundations of gravitational theories.
- Foundations of classical and quantum mechanics.
- Foundations of canonical quantum gravity.
Scientific environement: Laboratoire SPHERE (UMR 7219), Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) – Université Paris Diderot, Paris, France.
Eligibility requirements: Eligible candidates must hold a PhD or equivalent in philosophy, physics or mathematics.
Application Procedure: Applicants are invited to submit a dossier by email (in English or French) including:
- a cover letter explaining the candidate's research interests and her/his skills for contributing to an interdisciplinary project at the intersection between philosophy, physics, and mathematics;
- a curriculum vitae including a publication list;
- university certification of the candidates' last degree.
- a copy of his/her PhD thesis and a sample of other relevant writings, published or not;
- the name and electronic address of a referee who could provide a recommendation letter if necessary.
Scholars of all nationalities are welcome to apply. For further information, please write to the following address: email@example.com.
The dossier must be addressed to the following electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Open until filled.