Full Professor in Pure Mathematics
University of Adelaide, School of Mathematical Sciences
Job Reference Number: 7265
The University of Adelaide is a member of Australia’s elite Group of Eight research-intensive universities. The School of Mathematical Sciences is internationally known for its research in Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Statistics. In the recent Excellence Research Australia (ERA) assessment Pure Mathematics at the University of Adelaide was rated as “above world standard”. Mathematical Sciences is one of eight Schools within the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences. We are responsible for teaching the degree programs Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences and the Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, as well as providing high quality service teaching into other degree programs offered by the University.
We are seeking an experienced researcher with an international reputation in an area of Pure Mathematics to join the School as a Full Professor in Pure Mathematics. You will also be an enthusiastic contributor to our teaching programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and be willing to take a leading role in the continued development and expansion of the School.
You should have:
• a PhD or equivalent in Pure Mathematics
• an internationally recognised record of research excellence in Pure Mathematics with evidence of recent high calibre work, and strong plans for future research directions
• a strong ability to maintain and enhance the School’s research income
• experience in undergraduate teaching, and a demonstrated strong commitment to excellence in undergraduate and post-graduate teaching and supervision
• high level leadership capabilities and a willingness and readiness to represent Mathematical Sciences, and specifically Pure Mathematics, both within the University and the wider community.
• High-level written and verbal communication skills
It is anticipated that two subsequent Lecturer (level B) positions (one tenure track, one fixed term) will be advertised in Pure Mathematics. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to provide input into these competitive appointments.
An attractive remuneration package ($167,665 which includes a 17% superannuation contribution) is available.
The position is tenurable (tenure-track) and available from 1st January 2012.
Further information, including the selection criteria may be obtained from Associate Professor Jim Denier, Head, School of Mathematical Sciences, telephone: (08) 8303 5407, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the School may be obtained from http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au
Deadline: 24 August 2011
Your application must:
• include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
• specifically address the selection criteria
• quote the relevant reference number
• include residency status
• include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees
Email applications to email@example.com or forward to:
The University of Adelaide