Actions recently suggested and/or supported by the Meetings Committee:
- Joint mathematical weekend meeting, Royal Spanish Mathematical Society RSME and EMS, Bilbao, October 7-9, 2011
- EMS distinguished speaker at the mathematical weekend in Bilbao:
Gabriel Navarro (Univ. of Valencia, Spain)
- Karen Vogtman was appointed as EMS-lecturer 2011 and gave a series of lectures "The topology and geometry of automorphism groups of free groups" at Barcelona, at Oxford and at Stockholm.
- EMS distinguished speaker at the conference in honour of Peter Buser: Alan Reid (University of Texas, Austin)
- Kristian Seip (NTNU Trondheim, Norway) was appointed as EMS-lecturer 2012. He gave a series of lectures “Selected problems in operator-related function theory and harmonic analysis” at CRM (Bellaterra, Spain), Tel Aviv (Israel), and St. Petersburg (Russia)
- Tamar Ziegler (Technion Haifa, Israel) was appointed as EMS-lecturer 2013. She will give lectures at the 1st European-Nordic Conference (Lund, Sweden) and at the 16th General Meeting of EWM at the Hausdorff Center in Bonn.
- Jeremy Gray (Open University,UK) has been selected as EMS Distinguished speaker at the EMS-DMF Joint Mathematical Weekend in Aarhus, Denmark, April 5-7, 2013.
- Adrian Constantin (King's College, London, UK and Universität Wien, Austria) has been selected as EMS Distinguished speaker at the 1st European-Nordic Congress of Mathematicians in Lund, Sweden, June 10-13, 2013.
List of Previous EMS Lecturers
List of EMS distinguished speakers