We offer an excellent graduate program taught in English in a broad and active research environment together with mentoring programs, language courses, soft skills seminars, funding for summer schools and conferences, a buddy program and funding for students with children.
Our seven research areas are:
1. Differential geometry, global analysis, and mathematical physics,
2. Algebraic and arithmetic geometry, number theory,
3. Probability, statistics, and financial mathematics,
4. Discrete mathematics and combinatorial optimization,
5. Geometry, topology, and visualization,
6. Numerical mathematics and scientific computing,
7. Applied analysis and differential equations.
Admission to Phase I: possible with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Admission to Phase II: possible with a Master's degree or equivalent
All you need to know about applying to the BMS is available online:
Application deadline for scholarships: 31 December 2011
Application deadline for admission only: 31 May 2012
phone: +49 (0)30 314-78651