Centre de Recerca Matemàtica, Bellaterra, Barcelona
The study of Topological Quantum Field Theories (TQFT's) is one of the presently most active areas of research in the interplay between geometry and physics. It has relations with many other different branches of geometry and algebra. This Master Class and Workshop will be devoted to the interplay between TQFT's and low dimensional topology.
Master Class will be devoted to the Isomorphism between the Combinatorial and the Conformal Field Theory Construction of TQFT, recently proved by J. Andersen and K. Ueno.
The workshop will be devoted to the following topics:
- TQFT integrals and applications to the mapping class group
- Geometric approximation to TQFT's and the Adersen-Ueno isomorphism, with applications to moduli spaces and geometric theory of groups.
- The volume conjecture and its relation to the hyperbolic geometry of 3-folds
- The AJ conjecture and the asymptotic behaviour of semi-classic TQFT's
- Quantum Teichmüller theory and TQFT's for non compact gauge groups
Luis Álvarez-Cónsul, ICMAT-CSIC Madrid
Jørgen Ellegaard Andersen, Aarhus Universitet
Steven Bradlow, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
William Goldman, University of Maryland
Peter Gothen, Universidade do Porto
Ignasi Mundet i Riera, Universitat de Barcelona, "Chairman"
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT: April 10, 2012