Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieria Informatica. University of Seville
The aim of the DGCI conference is to gather researchers in discrete models, discrete geometry and topology, with applications in image analysis and image synthesis.
Discrete geometry plays an expanding role in the fields of shape modelling, image synthesis, and image analysis. It deals with topological and geometrical definitions of digitized objects or digitized images and provides both a theoretical and computational framework for computer imaging.
This edition of DGCI follows the successful 2011 edition held in Nancy, France. DGCI 2013 is organized by the Andalusian Research Group Combinatorial Image Analysis (http://grupo.us.es/cimagroup) of the University of Seville.
The main topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Models for Discrete Geometry (grids, discrete objects, discrete model properties, digitization schemes, metrics...).
* Discrete and Combinatorial Topology.
* Geometric Transforms (image mappings, distance transformation, skeletons and medial axis...).
* Discrete Shape Representation, Recognition and Analysis.
* Discrete Tomography.
* Morphological Analysis.
* Discrete Modelling and Visualization.
* Discrete and Combinatorial Tools for Image Segmentation and Analysis.
Publication of the conference proceedings will be in LNCS by Springer Verlag. Submissions must be in electronic form (PDF or PS) and should be uploaded through the DGCI 2013 website. Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 qualified reviewers.
Full paper submission: July 2nd, 2012
Full paper notification: November 5th, 2012
Camera ready submission: December 5th, 2012