BCAM (Basque Center for Applied Mathematics) – TECNALIA Research and Innovation Foundation
JOINT APPOINTMENT ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND STOCHASTIC PROCESSES
The candidate will be hired to lead a research project initially scheduled in 36 months to develop high quality scientific results on Artificial Intelligence and Stochastic Processes. In collaboration with other researchers at BCAM and Tecnalia, the Postdoctoral Fellow will build up his/her scientific career in this stage.
The salary will be negotiated with each candidate, depending on the qualifications and research track. The job position is located in both entities, approximately half time periods in each one. BCAM is a recently created research center established in Bilbao (Basque Country – Spain), which provides excellent networking conditions and opportunities for advanced research, while Tecnalia is located in Zamudio (10km from Bilbao) at the Science and Technology Park of Biscay.
• PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Telecommunications Engineering, Economics or related fields.
• Solid research track.
Knowledge and master of the following techniques:
• Intelligent analytics
• Heuristics, supercomputing and data mining
• Stochastic processes
• Dynamical discrete-event systems
• Optimization and control
AREAS OF INTEREST
Some of the possible research lines to be developed would be as follows:
• Pattern discovery
• Prediction and decision-making based on huge bulks of heterogeneous yet interrelated data traces
• Project management, adaptive design of experiments and surveys
• Correlation effects
• Smart grids
• Sensor and ad-hoc networks
• Efficient algorithms for large datasets
• Performance evaluation and optimization of real-world problems