Institute for Mathematics and Scientific Computing is filling a
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years with qualification agreement; Envisaged Job Starting Date immediately )
• Research and teaching in applied mathematics with emphasis on optimization, numerical analysis and analysis
• Cooperation in the research network "Mathematical Optimization and Applications in the Biomedical Sciences"
• Collaboration in supervision of students
• Cooperation in organisational and administrative matters
• Doctorial degree in a mathematical branch of study
• Solid knowledge in mathematical optimization (continuous) and its algorithmic realisation, in differential equations, in functional analysis and numerical analysis
• High motivation for scientific excellence
• Capacity for teamwork
• Ability to teach in german language
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): A2
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 4004.70 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: 14. November 2012
Reference Number: MB/159/99 ex 2011/12
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV, photo and relevant letters of recommendation to:
or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org