National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Building 1, 37, Peremohy avenue, Kyiv 03056, Ukraine
The Summer School "Achievements and Applications of Contemporary Informatics, Mathematics and Physics" is an annual project organized and held by Student Science Association and the National Technical University of Ukraine "KPI" in Kiev, Ukraine. The prior aim of the project is to promote science among youth.
Educational program of the School is presented with 3 fields (streams) “Operational Research”, “Applied Computer Science” and “Neuroscience”.
Join one of the streams of the Summer School AACIMP covering the most recent topics in modern science all of which are taught in English. The Summer School welcomes students with all academic backgrounds and degrees (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD). The number of credits (ECTS) given varies depending on the scope and duration of the stream. Because of the demanding and intensive nature of our courses and also their simultaneous conducting, students may be enrolled in only one course at a time. You may choose a stream from the following list.
August, 1-17 – the Summer School AACIMP will be held
May, 1 – the early registration deadline
June, 1 – the late registration deadline
Stream will cover a certain variety of topics. Participants of the stream will learn how Operational Research specialists use mathematical models to improve decision making in the face of uncertainty in real problems of business, government and society.
The overview of OR methods for manufacturing and supply chain management will bring you to the understanding of global markets and international business. You will become familiar with manufacturing strategies and operations, present-day methods for production planning, transportation problems solving, demand and supply synchronization.
The modern world economy is characterized by constant growth of its complexity, increase in dynamics and thus, in its value. We also can observe financial markets development. Need in business processes flowing support causes financial instruments evolution. Stream will consist of several courses dedicated to contemporary methods of financial markets modeling.
Preliminary topics of the stream:
- Financial markets modeling (financial mathematics; levy processes in finance; portfolio investment theory; mathematical behavioral finance; stochastic calculus; investment optimization; market data analysis)
- Logistics and supply chain modeling (just in time and pull production systems; lean manufacturing and reverse logistics; supply chains collaborative planning; crisis and disaster operations; optimal transportation)
- Fundamental problems (anticipation: phenomenon, modeling and occurrence in OR)
Prerequisites: proficiency in basic calculus is the only requirement for the stream courses.
Applied Computer Science.
Being a participant, you will learn about the most effective machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques. What is more important, you will study not only theoretical bases of ML and AI, but also will acquire practical know-how needed to quickly and powerfully apply those techniques to solve real-world problems.
Preliminary topics of the stream are:
- Applied computer science (http://summerschool.ssa.org.ua/program/acs-stream)
- Supervised learning (classification analysis, neural networks, support vector machines)
- Unsupervised learning (clustering, dimensionality reduction, kernel methods)
- Learning theory (bias/variance tradeoffs; VC theory; large margins)
- Probabilistic modelling (bayesian networks, hidden Markov chains and models)
- Search heuristics (A* search; minimax)
All the topics will be based on applications of ML and AI, such as robotics control, data mining, computer games, bioinformatics as well as text and image recognition.
Prerequisites: proficiency in basic calculus; some programming background is useful but not necessary.
This stream includes broad range of topics from subcellular level to cognition and social behaviour considered mainly from computational point of view. It provides all required information to understand biological bases of modelled processes.
Preliminary topics of the stream are:
- Neurodynamic, type of excitability, bursting and bistability
- Dynamic clamp or Neuron-Computer Interface
- Spatial property of neurons, multicompartment models
- Local and global neural networks, synchronization and oscillations
- Brain networks, specific mediator systems and behavior
- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of pain
- Specific perceptions: Auditory, Visual, Somatosensory
- Brain-Computer Interface
- Prerequisites: no prior knowledge in the field is expected.
DAAD program is offering scholarships to the students studying in Germany at the moment of participation in the Summer School AACIMP, covering all the costs. The details can be found at DAAD Go East program website (http://goeast.daad.de/).
To become a participant, please fill in the application form - http://summerschool.ssa.org.ua/apply/
The detailed information is given on the project website http://summerschool.ssa.org.ua
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com
Summer School AACIMP on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aacimp