Two Post doc positions (AFR grants, National research fund, Luxembourg) in Mathematics
References: PDA 1, PDA 2
The research group of Prof. Norbert Poncin supports two
Post-doctoral AFR grants (National research fund, Luxembourg) in Mathematics
Labor contract: Temporary contract for two years, 40 hours / week, starting January - October 2014
Timing for applications:
PDA 1: Deadline for applications for support: 30 June 2013; deadline for grant applications: 10 September 2013; funding decision: early December 2013
PDA 2: Deadline for applications for support: 15 December 2013; deadline for grant applications: early March 2014; funding decision: early June 2014 (alternatively, the timing of position PDA 1 may be applied)
PDA 1: Supergeometry, algebraic geometry, derived geometry, higher structures in geometry, higher category theory PDA 2: Algebraic topology, homotopy theory, operad theory, higher algebras, higher categories
• Potential to perform original research in the aforementioned field, in the frame of a research project in Geometry, Algebraic Topology and Mathematical Physics
• Ph.D. in Mathematics of highest quality (2006 or later)
• Outstanding publication record
• Post-doctoral experience of at least three years (not mandatory, but an advantage)
• Willingness to integrate a dynamic and competent team
• Good written and oral skills in English
• Limited teaching activity of 2-3 hours/week
• A strong and dynamic research unit
• Excellent research conditions
• An international and inspiring environment
• A very competitive salary
Applications for support (in English) must contain the reference of the position, a detailed CV (diplomas, publication record, invited lectures…), a research statement, a letter of motivation, as well as a photo, and must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only complete applications that correspond to the job profile will be considered!
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.