University Assistant with PhD
Institute for Mathematics and Scientific Computing is looking for a
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of October 1st 2014 )
• Applied Mathematics with focus on Partial Differential Equations
• Member of the applied analysis group
• Teaching and supervision of students
• Assistance with organisatorial and administrative tasks
• Finished PhD in mathematics
• Advanced expertise in the analysis of PDEs
• Expertise in modelling with and numerics of PDEs (desirable)
• Adequate number of scientific publications in relation to CV
• Very good command of English
• High personal motivation towards scientific excellence
• Strong interest in applicational background like physics, biology, life-sciences, …
• Independent working style
• Ability to work in a team and social competence
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme
is EUR 3483.30 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment
periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility andvariety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate,
flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take
advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and
enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: July 23rd 2014
Reference Number: MB/105/99 ex 2012/13
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and
faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure
to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to:
For further information please contact Prof. Fellner under +43 (0)316 / 380 - 5180.