Scientific research in any of the research lines on applied mathematics established in the center:
• Partial Differential Equations, Numerics and Control (PDE)
• Multiphysics, Inversion and Petroleum (MIP)
• Network Design, Analysis and Optimization (NET)
• Calculus of Variations and Elasticity (CVE)
• Mathematical Biology (MB)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor degree in a field related to Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Sciences;
• Good qualifications; and
• 2 reference or support letters.
STARTING DATE AND DURATION:
• Starting date will be agreed with the candidate; a tentative starting date is JUNE 1st 2010.
• 4 years. Position may revert in a Research Associate position, based on available funding and a positive evaluation.
GROSS YEARLY SALARY:
It will be negotiated with each candidate, depending on the qualifications and research track, and it will be revised yearly, in accordance with the candidate’s performance and merits. In addition, the selected candidates will also receive Spanish Social Security coverage, comprising health care and contribution towards retirement pension.
BCAM is a recently created research center established in Bilbao that provides excellent working conditions and opportunities for advanced research.
Applications must be submitted on-line at: http://www.bcamath.org/joboffers